July 31, 2001 :
- The Columbus Blue Jackets signed goaltender Greg Gardner
- The Los Angeles Kings re-signed goaltender Jamie Storr and agreed to terms with goaltender Marcel Cousineau on one-year contracts
- The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim agreed to terms with goaltender Gregg Naumenko on one-year contract
- The Pittsburgh Penguins agreed to terms with goaltender Jean-Sebastien Aubin
July 25, 2001 :
- The Dallas Stars agreed to terms with goaltender Jason Bacashihua to three-year contracts. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Bacashihua was selected 26th in the 2001 Entry Draft and will report to Stars training camp on September 12
July 30, 2001 :
- Nashville Predators goaltender Mike Dunham as been names on the Team USA roster for the next winter Olympics in Salt Lake City
July 24, 2001 :
- The Ottawa Senators re-signed goaltender Patrick Lalime to a multi-year contract. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
- Team Canada invited goaltenders Ed Belfour, Martin Brodeur, Curtis Joseph and Patrick Roy to their camp for the 2002 winter Olympics in Salt Lake City.
July 23, 2001 :
- The Ottawa Senators signed goaltender Martin Prusek to a multi-year contract. Prusek was Ottawa's 6th round selection (164th overall) in 1999 Entry Draft
July 19, 2001 :
- The Chicago Blackhawks re-signed goaltender Jocelyn Thibault. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
- Dominik Hasek was released from hospital, two weeks after being admitted for treatment of an unspecified illness.
July 18, 2001 :
- The Vancouver Canucks re-signed goaltender Dan Cloutier. Terms of the deal were not disclosed
July 17, 2001 :
- Pittsburgh Penguins goaltender Johan Hedberg has declined to file for salary arbitration, saying he thought it would be counterproductive.
Hedberg and his agent prefer to negotiate with the Penguins rather than go to arbitration.
- The Carolina Hurricanes signed 36-year-old goaltender Tom Barrasso to a one-year contract. Financial terms were not disclosed. Barrasso did not play last season
July 12, 2001 :
- The Atlanta Thrashers agreed to terms with goaltenders Norm Maracle and Pasi Nurminen. Terms of the deals were not disclosed. Nurminen, 25, helped Finland capture the silver medal at the 2001 World Championships, finishing with a 6-2 record and a 1.75 GAA
July 10, 2001 :
- The New York Rangers announced that the club has agreed to terms with goaltender Vitali Yeremeyev. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
July 11, 2001 :
- Dominik Hasek has been hospitalized for a week because of a mystery virus that felled him during his vacation. Hasek had to be hospitalized in his hometown of Pardubice.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning re-signed restricted free agent goaltender Kevin Weekes to a multi-year deal. Terms of the deal were not disclosed
July 9, 2001 :
- The Calgary Flames signed unrestricted free agent goaltender Kay Whitmore
- The Minnesota Wild signed unrestricted free agent goaltender Martin Brochu
July 2, 2001 :
- The Minnesota Wild signed goaltender Dwayne Roloson as a free agent
July 1, 2001 :
- The New York Islanders signed unrestricted free agent goaltender Garth Snow to a two-year contract
- The Colorado Avalanche signed goaltender Patrick Roy to a two-year contract worth $8.5 million per season